Thursday, May 10, 2018

Love


I chose this image because it reminds me so much of my own lovely, dark-haired Mother.  Among her many talents, she also played the piano beautifully.  She's gone now, but I love sending Mother's Day cards in her memory . . .


The background features three of my favorite techniques:  smooshed color, a little randomly applied text, and my favorite coarse embossing powder scattered onto the surface and heated from beneath.  When I apply that particular trio of techniques, I'm nearly always happy with the results!

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Eames White, Strathmore #90 Watercolor
                        paper, Beckett Candlelight      
Stamps:       MJ Barber Woman Playing Piano, Amuse Script Background
Inks:             Distress Walnut Stain, Worn Lipstick, Distress Oxide
                        Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain,
                        Archival Coffee
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Shabby White
Dies:            Mama Elephant Peek a Frame, Avery Elle Peace, Love,
                        & Joy set: “Love”

No comments:

Post a Comment