Thursday, April 19, 2018

Come to Me



I like using purple on a condolence card as I think it is both beautiful and peaceful . . .


The inspiration for this layout came from my own personal Pinterest-type file.  It's filled with pictures of hundreds of blogged cards that have caught my eye and it comes in very handy when The Muse has temporarily abandoned me.

But here's the funny thing:  my cards bear little resemblance to the inspiration cards!  I never know what elements on an inspiration card will turn the key and open up the creative possibilities.  So I never try to figure it out - I just collect pictures of whatever appeals to me and look for the fun of putting it all together at my worktable.  The Muse usually comes out of hiding at that point and the two of us have a really good time!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Blackberry, Beckett Moonlight   
Stamps:       Hero Vine Swatch, Petite Flower Swatch, Mod Swatch,
                        A Stamp in the Hand Words Background Script,
                        Rubbernecker “I will give you rest”
Inks:             Distress Dusty Concord, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy
Emb Powder:   Seth Apter Dirty Sand
Dies:            Lil Inkers Stitched Mat Rectangles, Memory Box Prim
                        Poppy, Arich Rounded Corners Stitched Rectangles,
                        Punch Bunch Tiny Flowers punch                   
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Clear           

No comments:

Post a Comment