Thursday, March 29, 2018

Christ is Risen


It has been an interesting late Winter for us:  I slipped on unsalted ice and broke an ankle in three places.  My husband has had medical issues of his own, brought about by horrible side effects from the drug Lyrica.  He's in a nursing home getting physical therapy while the drug leaves his system.  Cards and holidays were therefore not uppermost in my mind.  But he's doing better and as such, I was ready to start creating again.  Two days before Palm Sunday, I realized I needed to get going on some sort of very simple layout . . .


I'm hoping it suggests the sun rising behind the stark reminder of the suffering that was freely borne by the true Light of the World.  He lives:  may all come to know Him in love and abundance.  A very blessed Easter to each of you!

Cardstock:   Neenah Conservation White, Generic Dark Green, Dull Gold
Stamps:       Our Daily Bread Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Starving
                         Artistamps Concentric Sun
Inks:             VersaFine Onyx Black, ColorBox Gold
Colorants:    D’uva Erasable Watercolor Cardinal Red, Lemon Yellow
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold
Dies:            Cheery Lynn Cross Set, Memory Box Arboscello Tree,
                        Verve Hope Blooms                      

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!!! I'm hoping your ankle is doing much better now. This is a wonderful card!! Yes, it reminds us of the hope we have in Jesus Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete