Monday, January 8, 2018

Happiness

Some ongoing fun with water-based markers and my water brush . . .


One of my new favorite tools to use is a texturizing tool known by a variety of names, one of them being "skwuncher".  Googling this will avail you nothing, so don't even try.  This tool is a really coarse plastic sponge that is more air than sponge.  You can buy them as is or mounted on a piece of doweling.  The handle makes it very handy and easy to use.

I keep it on my desk and like to use it when an inked area looks a little flat and in need of some added interest - such as the flower heads in this case.  I dab the skwuncher directly onto an ink pad and tap it onto the image. On this card, I used the darker of the two ink colors that were used to color the flower heads.  The results are very subtle, but I think they add just that little something that can make the difference.

Cardstock:   Neenah Desert Storm        
Stamps:       Carabelle Edges In My Journal, Stampin’ Up “Happiness”
Inks:             Distress Brushed Corduroy
Colorants:    Tombow #98 Avocado, #847 Crimson, #993 Chrome Orange
Dies:            AliExpress Border Leaves, Memory Box Butterflies:  Pippi,
                        Isabella, Prim Poppy, Cheery Lynn Expandable Quilling
                        Strip, Stampin’ Up Victorian Tags 
Doo Dads:    USArt Quest Crystal Effectz Opal Essence, Maya Arts jute         

No comments:

Post a Comment