Thursday, January 18, 2018

Enjoy Life's Moments

My love affair with Kraft cardstock will never end . . .

                         
But the fun thing on this card is the spattered background.  At the 5:53 mark in this  video by Kristina Werner, I learned of a great new spattering technique to use, and with a product I'd never bought before.  It's gouache, an artist's watercolor paint.  It contains pigment and is "designed to be used with opaque methods of painting", says Google.

As I'm always on the prowl for  a white medium that is truly opaque, I was delighted to find that gouache really works!  I need to practice my technique a little more in order to consistently achieve dots instead of streaks, but I quite liked the artless splatter I got with this first attempt.  Best of all, all of the dots and streaks are a truly opaque white and so firmly textural, they will not have any trouble in the mail.  I'm hooked!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Strathmore Soft White         
Stamps:       Hero Moments
Inks:             Distress Brushed Corduroy, VersaCraft Peony Purple
Colorants:    Tombow marker 98 Avocado, 476 Cyan, 606 Violet,
                        993 Chrome Orange
Emb Powder:   Stamp a Mania Peony Purple
Dies:            Spellbinders Bella Clair Border, Floral Berry Accents,
                        Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles           
Emb Folder: Stampin’ Up Fancy Fan
Doo Dads:    USArt Quest Effectz: Opal Essence, Winsor Newton 
                           Gouache White, Sparkles Buttercup           

No comments:

Post a Comment