Thursday, November 23, 2017

I Lift Up My Eyes

When encouragement in needed, it's hard to beat this verse from Psalms . . .


I tried a little 2nd generation stamping here with the mountain image.  After inking the stamp, I stamped it off once lightly and then stamped onto the 
deckle-edged panel.  The text was stamped full strength, and the slightly 
lighter mountain range makes the text pop.  It's subtle but in real life, it does make a difference.

The puffy white clouds were stamped with a marble patterned image which made for a nice wispy design.  They are very white and needed a little balance at the bottom of the layout, so I used a white Prisma pencil to emphasize some of the lighter surfaces in the mountain range.

Lastly, I know that these particular birds are more typically suited to be living at the ocean, but I'm hoping the recipient isn't into ornithology and will be just as pleased with this soaring trio of grace and freedom.

Cardstock:   Neenah Desert Storm        
Stamps:        Our Daily Bread Keep Climbing: mountains and text,
                           Waffle Flower Layering Marble
Inks:               VersaFine Onyx Black, Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow
Colorants:    Prisma pencil White
Emb Powder:   WOW White Puff
Dies:              Impression Obsession Sea Birds
Emb Folder: Taylored Expressions 

No comments:

Post a Comment