Thursday, November 30, 2017

Dream, Sparkle

My love affair with gilding leaf continues . . .


I had a scrap left over from a previous card so I decided to overlay it with a spray of bamboo shoots that were also covered with the same gilding leaf.  I strongly recommend doing the leafing before the die cutting:  it's much easier to work with a solid piece of cardstock as opposed to a delicate cut out.

The background was going to be framed with one of the four frames that this one-piece die provides, but I forgot to use the metal plate needed for added pressure when cutting intricate dies.  Therefore, none of the cut out pieces in the frames were cut all the way through, so I decided to leave them in place for a textured look that didn't compete with the bamboo shoots.

There's a lot of glitz and glitter on this card and I'm debating about whether or not to tone some of it down.  We shall see, but for the moment, it's safe from the chopping block  . . .

Cardstock:   Generic Bronze Metallic 
Stamps:       So She Stamps “Dream”, Stampin’ Up “Sparkle”
Inks:             ColorBox Gold
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold
Dies:            Frantic Stamper Fancy Frames #1, Memory Box
                        Bamboo Shoots                
Stencil:        The Crafters Workshop Mini Cubist
Doo Dads:    Amy’s Magic Leaf Sea Spray, Marigold glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment