Thursday, October 26, 2017

It's Your Birthday!

The coloring on this card was inspired by a beautiful $96 men's shirt I saw in a catalog.  At that price, I will never be gifting my darling hubby with it, even though he deserves it - and much more . . .


The fun thing for me on this card was the three black embellishment dots.  I used Ranger's Enamel Accents which I love because they form perfect little shiny domes easily.  However, for this card, shiny wasn't what I was after.  So while the glue was still wet, I sprinkled on some black embossing powder and tipped off the excess.  No heat gun, of course - that would have just made everything shiny again.

I will forever be grateful to the blogger who suggested using embossing powder over glues and tapes but not  heating it in order to achieve matte finish results.  SCORE!

Cardstock:   Strathmore Bright White, Soft White, Generic scraps Black    
Stamps:        Peddler’s Pack Swirly Roses & Leaves, Swirly Rose Leaf,
                           Wild Rose Leaf, Stampin’ Up “They say it’s your 
                            birthday”           
Inks:               Distress Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Hero Black,
                           ColorBox Frost White
Emb Powder:   Distress Black Soot, WOW White Puff, Sweet Stamps
                                Fine Detail White  
Dies:              Mama Elephant Peek a Frame                
Doo Dads:    Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black, covered with 
                          Black Soot EP     


No comments:

Post a Comment