Thursday, September 28, 2017

Noel

As this was our Christmas card last year, this is a re-post.  Perhaps my newer readers will enjoy it.  Maybe it will inspire the rest of us to get an early start on this year's cards?


The fun thing about this card is that the background was made with my own homemade stamp.  I bought a sheet of rubber from the hardware store.  It's from the plumbing department and is called a 'gasket'.  I did some quick and easy free-form chopping and cutting around the edges and presto - my own background stamp for just a few bucks.
For this card, I smooshed on a couple of inks, misted a few times, and stamped.  Quick and easy - perfect for assembly line stamping!

And that's all she wrote for this year's romp at the NJ State Fair, Dear Readers.  The judges enjoyed my work and that has made me a very happy camper stamper!

Cardstock:   Generic Textured White, The Paper Cut White Matte Coate
Stamps:        Above the Mark Abbey Music, my own Deckle Edge
                           Shadow Stamp made from a sheet of plumber's gasket
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Distress Chipped Sapphire, Dusty
                        Concord, Wink of Stella Clear
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail White, Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              DieNamics Wonky Stitch Rectangle Stax, DieVersions
                           Nativity Ornament, Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script “Noel”
Doo Dads:    Past Time Stamps Multi Ultra Fine Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment