Monday, May 22, 2017

Thinking of You

My baby brother Gordy lives in the gloriously green state of Washington and on all of my visits, I have been enchanted with how green the state is throughout the year.  I live in New Jersey where - after a glorious Autumn - things get pretty brown and dreary for about the next five months.  So for this card to be sent to him on his birthday, I decided to stick with a green palette . . .


To give some life to the die cut stem (which I've turned into a tree by using it vertically), I made four cuts and stacked them for added dimension.  I also wanted to prop up the branch ends with foam tape.  But the leafy tips are almost too small to do this without the tape showing.  So, my favorite method for getting around that is to use a clear dimensional glue like Glossy Accents.  On the back side of the sprig, I squeezed a drop of the glue at each leafy tip and let it dry.  Then I applied regular glue to the main stem and the base of the branches and held it in place until it dried.  

Voila!  Lots of dimension and virtually invisible . . . sometimes we really do have better living through chemistry!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Rain Forest, Oxford Path
Stamps:       Impression Obsession Winter Leaves, Creative Catalyst
                       Twill, Stampin’ Up “Thinking of You”
Inks:            VersaFine Olympia Green
Emb Powder:   Vippies Transcendence
Dies:            Memory Box Eva Stem, Spellbinders Mega Classic
                       Scalloped Ovals Large, Impression Obsession
                       Banners & Tails
Doo Dads:    Beige eyelets, May Arts Jute

No comments:

Post a Comment