Monday, February 27, 2017

The Best

This was a good opportunity to use a wonderful stitched frame die that I got on the cheap from Amazon . . .


The delightful little butterflies came from the same source.  In addition to my 'stenciling with stencil paste addiction' of late, I am also drawn once again to spattering.  I absolutely love how it grounds an image (or a die cut) and makes a great transition/connection to its background. 

My favorite tool to use is a Kemper Spatter Brush - available practically everywhere - and my most-used medium is gesso:  I thin it with water only slightly; this results in spatters that are raised, providing some nice texture. I use a cut down cardboard box with one open end as a spray booth and this contains any potential mess beautifully.  A quick rinse right after spattering is all you need to keep things ship shape.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Purple, Strathmore Soft White, Generic scraps Black
Stamps:       Judikins Origami Background, All Night Media Foxglove, Simon
                       Says Tilted Banner Sayings: “Wishing you the best”
Inks:            Distress Mowed Lawn, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire,
                       ColorBox Black
Watercolors:   Lyra Aquacolor Crayons 13067, 13074, 13037, 13048
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:            White Lotus Metal Frame, Simon Says Tilted Banners,  
                       Butterflies from the We-Buys Cute Chrysanthemum Set
Punches:     Various leaf shapes by Family Treasures, Punch Bunch
Doo Dads:    Studio Gesso Black


No comments:

Post a Comment