Monday, August 29, 2016

Checkmate

My sweetie's birthday is looming and as always, I do a chess-themed card for him . . .


The die cut silver chess pieces didn't show up as much as I would have liked, so I darkened  them up a bit to make them stand out more.  As for the tassel, there's just something about these decorative trims that seems to go well with chess themes.  Plus I'm always game for an added touch of whimsy . . . happily, my guy is always up for anything fun!

Cardstock:   Marcos  100# Jute, Beckett Candlelight, Generic Silver
Stamps:        100 Proof Press Checkerboard, Creative Catalyst Twill
Inks:               Hero Black
Dies:              Memory Box Mini Checkmate, Alphabet Soup, Cheery Lynn
                           Flourish Band
Emb Folder: Spellbinders Burlap
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Silver, Black, Black brad, tassel

No comments:

Post a Comment