Monday, May 2, 2016

Go Wild

My current self-challenge is to use two shades of Brown, a bit of White, and then add in one color to make things interesting.  So far, I've used Red, Black, and Pink – which will appear on my next post.  Today was Yellow's turn . . .


I smooshed a line of Mustard Seed on my craft sheet, and then added Walnut Stain down one side and Brushed Corduroy down the other.  A few mists with my sprayer, and then blotted this up with the watercolor cardstock.  This was heat dried, and then I repeated blotting up everything that remained on the craft sheet, after which I heat dried again.  The resulting splotches looked very giraff-y and I thought they went well with the image – yes?

Cardstock:   Bazzill Lemon Tart, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper,
                           Strathmore Cover Bright White,
Stamps:        Technique Tuesday Animal House, Stamp Zia
                           Corkscrew Willow
Inks:               Distress Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Mustard Seed,
                           Tea Dye
Emb Powder:   BMuse Devil’s Food Delight
Dies:              Mama Elephant Femme Frames, Tattered Lace Alphabet


No comments:

Post a Comment