Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thank You

COMMENT:  For some odd reason, this card was inadvertently posted on March 24. I have no idea why - the mysterious workings of the electronic world escape me totally.  However, I really like the way this card turned out and I hope you won't mind another look at it!

Here in the East, dogwood in bloom is a highly prized event that occurs in May and its arrival always eagerly awaited.  The white blooms are large and flat and when wild dogwood trees are seen from a distance, the blossoms seem to float and drift through the branches much as fog would.  Breathtaking!  When my niece gave me a dogwood stamp for Christmas, I wanted to make the blooms white and knew this was the perfect opportunity to try out my new Uni Posca white paint pen . . .



I've been searching for an opaque white marker for a long time.  As they all were dye ink based, they are translucent and gave a washed-out appearance.  But the Uni Posca pen is paint – not ink – and I'm thrilled with the opaque results!

Cardstock:   Marcos #110 Jute, Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Impress Dogwood Blossoms, Simon Says More Sketchy
                           Banner Greetings: “Thank You”
Inks:               Distress Brushed Corduroy, Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose,
                           Peeled Paint, Uni Posca Paint Pen White
Emb Powder:   Vippies Transcendence
Emb Folder: Spellbinder Bricks & Bark
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Rectangles, Elizabeth Hardware 1:
                           Hinges, Simon Says Sketchy Banner Greetings
Doo Dads:    Stamp Oasis Heat & Stick Powder, USArt Quest Effectz
                           Gold Essence, Hot Off the Press brads Brown


1 comment:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! I know i'm a bit behind the 8-ball, but I absolutely loved this card. It's just so gosh darn beautiful! And, it's still sitting on my coffee table next to your lovely Easter card. You are a gifted one, Aunty! Muchas Smoochas, Lady Beckster

    ReplyDelete