Thursday, September 3, 2015

Same Direction

It's that thrilling time of the year yet again, folks – the annual New Jersey State Fair held in the sunny downtown North NJ township of Branchville!  I entered nine cards and will be posting all of them throughout the month.  While I've happily done very well over the previous six years, there was a new judge this year and this sort of change can always alter one's winning streak.  Thankfully, I still scored . . .



   . . . nine cards entered and nine blue ribbons won.  Well, I always was into excess!  Maybe I should consider retiring from competition?   Nah – I'm having too much fun to quit now!  Meanwhile, onto the first of this year's winners:

Blue Ribbon Winner #1:
I wanted some cheery colors for this card and what could be cheerier than going in rainbow order . . .


I consulted with my dear artsy BFF Mr ROY G BIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet) and I got the happy effect I was after . . . it's hard to be glum when you're playing with rainbows

Cardstock:   Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Hero Floating Hearts, Inkadinkado Exupery Quote
Inks:               ColorBox Black, Frost White, Ancient Page Leaf Green
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black, Opaque White
Dies:              Spellbinders Labels 23, Lil Inker Stitched Mats: Rectangles,
                           Balloon String  
Watercolors:   Gansai Tambi Red, Orange, Mid-Green, Ocean Green,
                              Cobalt Blue, Purple
Doo Dads:    Perfect Pearls mist Silver, Fiskars corner punch Hearts


1 comment: