Thursday, August 27, 2015

Journey

During one of Tim Holtz' fabulous online Creative Chemistry Classes, we happy students experimented with coloring directly on the stamp with Distress markers.  After huffing to re-moisten the ink, I stamped the image and then heat-dried it.  When dry, I sponged over the whole design with Antique Linen, and then spritzed with water . . .


It was a great start, but I wanted more droplets and visual texture in the background, so I smooshed the Antique Linen pad on my craft sheet, spritzed again, and then dipped the card front into the droplets several times, heat-drying between each application.  This has to be my favorite technique for creating beautiful backgrounds with gorgeous variations in color.  Even though you never know what you're going to get, it always works!  I really think that failure just isn't possible with this technique . . . try it!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Light Sand, Cheddar, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:        Tim Holtz Papillion, Max Stamp Pegz “Journey”
Inks:               Distress Barn Door, Wild Honey, Stormy Sky,
                           Dusty Concord, Antique Linen, VersaMark
Emb Powder:  Ranger Gold
Dies:              Impression Obsession Six-in-One Frame


No comments:

Post a Comment