Monday, August 3, 2015

It's Your Day!

My current two favorite design elements to use are stripes and any die with stitching on it!  This card uses a goodly amount of both . . .


The leaves were colored with Copics which used to give me pause.  Their highly touted blending capabilities never came true for me.  That is, until I learned that I could stroke on the Copic Blender Pen first, then add my colors, and actually get a great blend with no hard lines to bedevil me.  I got so inspired by the smooth results I was finally able to achieve that I wrote an article on the simple procedure and it will appear in this year's Holiday issue of Rubber Stamp Madness.  Do please watch for it!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Leapfrog, Neenah Solar White
Stamps:        Stacy Stamps Fern, Magenta Leaf, Clearly Besotted Diagonal                                                    Stripes, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Background
Inks:               Stampin’ Up Always Artichoke, Hero Black
Emb Powder:   Vippie’s Transcendence
Markers:        Copic Blender Pen, G43 Pistachio, G94 Grayish Olive
Dies:              DieNamics In & Out Stitched Rounded Square
Doo Dads:    Tulip Hot Fix Jewels Black, Perfect Pearls Mist Silver


No comments:

Post a Comment