Monday, July 6, 2015

Oh Happy Day

A look at the ingredients list below may have you wondering where on earth the "Chalkboard Frame Builder" and the "Crisp Bows" wound up being used in this layout . . .


In short, I needed dies for a candle and also for some flames, but I had neither.  So I started flipping through my collection to see if I could use die shapes I already had.  If you click on the Frame Builder link above, you'll see the perfect raw material for candles, and in a variety of sizes, even:  just snip off one of the angled ends and you're ready to go!

As for the flames, I used the double looped bow die pictured in the Crisp Bows link above.  The interior parts of both loops gave me perfect candle flames in two different sizes.  Was I clever or what?!!!

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Eames White, Watercolor paper, Generic Black
Stamps:        Stampin’ Up border Perfect Plaids
Inks:               Distress Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed,
                           Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord
Dies:              DieNamics Chalkboard Frame Builder, Memory Box Crisp
                           Bows, Simon Says Stamp “Oh Happy Day “,Cheery Lynn
                           Lace Corner Deco B
Impr Plate:    Papertrey Ink Herringbone
Doo Dads:    Past Time Stamps Multi Fine Glitter, Star punch

No comments:

Post a Comment