Monday, June 1, 2015

With Deepest Sympathy

I was recently blessed with a twenty card commission from a friend of ours:  she wants ten Sympathy cards and ten Birthday cards, so you're going to be seeing plenty of both over the next few weeks.  This one features more of those fantastic dried ink powders called "Magicals" from Lindy's Stamp Gang HERE  . . .


 As far as I know, there are only two companies selling dried ink powders:  I Brake for Stamps' Bister line – which I've used on previous posts, and this line of Magicals by Lindy's.  Both are superb and I am using both of them equally.  The Bister line colors tend to be darker, very rich but more subdued, and are absolutely perfect for distressed styles, simple, or vintage images.  The Magicals line has many more colors – everything from pastel to intense – and work well with any style you use.

This background was done with just a few taps of the powder-tipped dry brush for each color, and then misted.  The lovely dark-to-light variations within each color would be impossible for me to create on my own but both lines of powders have this elegant, serendipitous feature built right in.  How I love art tools that make me look good!

Cardstock:   Generic Watercolor Paper, Bazzill Kachina
Stamps:        Alias Smith & Rowe “With Deepest Sympathy”,
                           Art Tour Dotty Snow
Inks:               Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals: Mango Mania, Merci Beaucoup
                           Mint, Distress Cracked Pistachio
Emb Powder:   B’Muse Mint Jelly Metallic, Stamp Oasis Heat & Stick Powder
Dies:              Mama Elephant Femme Frames, Spellbinders Labels Twenty
                           Three, Memory Box Butterflies Pippi, Isabella
Doo Dads:    USArt Quest glitter Blue Topaz


No comments:

Post a Comment