Monday, May 18, 2015

With Sympathy

Condolence cards are always a bit of a challenge.  Perky is out, simplicity is in.  Although the Clean and Simple style is definitely the way to go, I have trouble coming up with single layer layouts that don't look incomplete.  So I go for texture instead . . .


 While doing some re-arranging of some color sprays and dimensional creams in my stash, I came across Plaid's Liquid Chalk and decided it was calling my name!  After dabbing it on randomly, I sprinkled on some silver embossing powder and then heated it.  The result was embossing that was more raised and textural than usual.

The frame on this card is too narrow to show the results clearly, but I'll soon be doing larger pieces – such as backgrounds – with this technique.  The Liquid Chalk stays wet long enough to hold the embossing powder secure while it is being heated;  I think that if you work quickly, you can get much the same results with Gesso.  I'll try it out and share my results with you!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Parakeet, Generic Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Endless Creations “With Sympathy”
Inks:               Stamp Zia Sprays Obsidian, Sun, VersaMark,
                           ColorBox Dragonfly Black
Emb Powder:   B’Muse Sterling Silver, Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              DieNamics Chalkboard Frame Builder, Simon Says
                           Fresh Daisies
Doo Dads:    Plaid Liquid Chalk White

No comments:

Post a Comment