Thursday, May 14, 2015

It's Your Day

Except for the card base, all of the papers used for this card were scraps from a recent project shown here on an earlier post . . .


I so enjoy using up scraps and pretty leftovers . . . not only does it avoid wasting perfectly good materials, but sometimes it's an interesting challenge to figure out how to make the best use of oddly-shaped leftovers.  The French dictionary page background on this one was in two pieces with a rectangle cut smack dab out of the middle.  After some trimming, the halves were glued together.  Even if I read French – which I don't – it would take a pretty sharp eye to see that the text doesn't really read coherently across the page.

The dandelion is on another scrap which when matted, covered the rectangle opening nicely.  For the original project, I made a piece that was a little bigger than I needed in case I goofed and had to find a backup. As I had die cut the piece I needed for that card close to the edge, I had enough left over for this card.

"Waste not, want not", said my parents repeatedly . . . they were right!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Purple, Strathmore 90# watercolor paper, Generic
                           French Dictionary pages, Textured White
Stamps:        Hero Dandelion
Inks:               Distress Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky,
                           ColorBox Frost White
Emb Powder:   Judikins Opaque White
Dies:              Simon Says Sketchy Banners
Doo Dads:    American Crafts Jute Blue, Tulip Hot Fix Nail Heads Silver



No comments:

Post a Comment