Monday, March 16, 2015

Eat Your Veggies


This is my first attempt at watercoloring with my new Peerless watercolors . . .



Well, actually, it's the second attempt.  The real first attempt is too grotesque for words and was one of the few efforts I've made that were non-resuscitate-able.  It was actually the veggies' fault and not that of the water colors – I black-embossed the little darlins and they didn't like it.  Neither did I.  I think if I'd used Distress Black Soot instead of super shiny powder, the four of us would have loved it.  Must try that next time.

I adore these watercolors and will probably give them some of my crowded and valuable desktop real estate so I can have them handy . . . lots of practice up ahead for sure, but I'm enjoying the journey!  

Cardstock:   Bazzill Cocoa, watercolor paper
Stamps:        A Stamp in the Hand: Veggie Set
Inks:               Hero Black, Distress Brushed Corduroy
Emb Powder:  Vippies Transcendence
Watercolors:   Peerless Grass Green, Hunter Green, Blood Red,
                             Chrome Orange, Cobalt Blue, Burnt Umber
Doo Dads:    Jute twine

No comments:

Post a Comment