Monday, February 23, 2015

You're the Best!


The size of this card (5x7) was dictated by the size of this gorgeous image . . .




Parsons Studio is no longer with us, much to our huge loss, but I have six of her stamps and am very glad of it.  They tend to be oversized and they also scream to be watercolored.  Which is why I haven't used them until now.  As I am no longer afraid of watercoloring (thanks to the Online Card Classes Watercoloring for Stampers), I hope to use her images to their best advantage.  This one of the pears was a little tricky to decide how to color:  the pears overlap and are translucent, so what does one do?  Next time I play with this image, I plan to treat the pears as solid and color each one so that it overlaps the adjacent one.  I think the result will be entirely different . . .


Cardstock:   Generic Yellow, watercolor paper
Stamps:        Parson’s Studios Seven Sliced Pears, Purple Onion
                            Citrus Set: “You’re the best!”
Inks:               ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:  Judikins Detail Black, Black Diamond
Dies:              Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles , Wplus9 Banner Trio
Watercolors:   Peerless Olive Green, Green Myrtle, Poinsettia Red,
                             Chrome Orange


No comments:

Post a Comment