Monday, January 12, 2015

Your Special Day


This card was a fun one to do, even though the coloring took a little time.  It's a variation on the Spotlight technique whereby the image is stamped twice.  After coloring, one image is trimmed, and then layered over the other with pop dots . . .



Since this took a fair amount of time to color, I hated to waste the trimmed away portion of the image.  I soon realized I'd done the right thing by doing such a careful trimming job as I was left with a cleanly cut piece I could turn into a frame . . .



I added another little banner at the bottom for my "With Love" & signature.  I plan to use this idea with many other images for sure . . .

MORAL:  It pays to work neatly!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute             
Stamps:        Hero Delicate Blossoms, Simon Says Stamp Sketchy
                           Banner Greetings, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds                     
Inks:               Ancient Page Chocolate
Emb Powder:      WOW Clear Matte Dull
Colored Pencils: Inktense Fern, Hot Red, Thistle
Dies:              Simon Says Stamps Sketchy Banners                                                   
Doo Dads:    Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist, mini beads Gold              

No comments:

Post a Comment