Monday, December 8, 2014

Awesome Day


This card is for a four-year old and unfortunately, my stash of worthy images for such adorably tiny people is quite low.  So, since we all live in the country wilds of North NJ, I figured that a few images from nature, such as trees and birds, might work . . .



I don't expect that Justin's attention will be held for very long with this card, but I know that the rest of the family will enjoy it.

There are five birds I popped up with pop dots and yet they're still not very visible, even after my third attempt at making them stand out.  I thought of making them black, but that seemed a little grim for a four-year old.  I tried a lighter shade of blue but it looked sickly.  I outlined in black and it was only minimally helpful – likewise coloring over them with Wink of Stella Clear.  Any ideas, anyone?

Cardstock:               Bazzill Jacaranda, Paper Cut Matte Coat White
Stamps:                    Impression Obsession Tree Birds, Simon Says Tilted
                                   Banner Sayings: “Hope your day is awesome!”
Inks:                           Distress Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Black Soot,
                                    ColorBox Black, Wink of Stella Clear
Emb Powder:          Judikins Detail Black
Dies:                          Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small, Petite Scalloped
                                     Ovals Small, Memory Box Resting Birds, Simon
                                     Says Tilted Banners




No comments:

Post a Comment