Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dream Big

 I just got a card from my brother which had a terrific color scheme: chocolate, light gray, orange and white.  Sounds a little strange, perhaps, yet the reality is anything but.  So I dashed downstairs and put together a card with the same colors . . .


I thought that it would look neat to have the webbing on the dream catcher be a metallic gold, but that didn’t work at all – looked sleazy, in fact.  So I tried to cover it up with a dark brown alcohol maker.  Guess what?  Despite marketing claims to the contrary, alcohol markers do not cover up absolutely everything.  Nonetheless, my beleaguered webbing went from gold to copper in a sort of reverse process of alchemy and I’m quite happy with the results . . .

Cardstock:               Bazzill Smoky, Neenah Solar White
Stamps:                    PSX Dream Catcher, Frog’s Whiskers Straight
                                     & Narrow, Technique Junkies Simple Sentiments
Inks:                           Adirondack Espresso, Terra Cotta, Vivid Butterscotch
Emb Powder:          Vippies Transcendence
Colored Pencils:    Prisma Orange, White
Dies:                        Quickutz Feathers , AccuCut Title Blocks 2
Doo Dads:               Jute twine, deckled scissors, Uni Ball Gold pen,
                                    Bic Marker Woodsy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment