Monday, August 11, 2014

Hope

My dear friend Sandy has been wallowing through some heavy trials lately – both the financial kind and some of the emotional variety as well, especially with the death of her beloved dog Maggie.  She was in need of a more supportive kind of birthday card than the usual, so I came up with this one . . .


She loves African art, so I paired an African carved border strip from Magenta with a couple of feathers I still had on my worktable from my current feather fixation.  Along with some gently wise and timeless words from Emily Dickinson, I think she’ll be happy to get this . . .

Cardstock:   Paper Cut Bark Variety Pack       
Stamps:        Magenta African Carvings, Serendipity Hope, The
                           Artful Stamper Leaf Flourish
Inks:               ColorBox Chalk Dark Brown, Hero Black, Adirondack Espresso,
                           various Brown-sprayed cardstock from my Scrap Stash
Dies:              Spellbinders Feathers on the Wind           
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Gold, Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist        


No comments:

Post a Comment