Monday, July 28, 2014

Birthdays are the BEST

This card fulfills the age old adage* which says, “If it’s not working, just keep on going – even if it looks like you’re just digging yourself into a deeper hole!”

*  Well, actually, I sort of just made that one up . . .


None of the colors I started with worked, so I just kept going darker and darker.  I used an embossing folder to add some texture, and then got nervy and gold embossed the feathers on top of the texture.  Then came some color spray.  As the colors got darker, the feather images began to pop and I began to think I might actually wind up where I wanted to be with this card front.

I’ve never tried to stamp and emboss an image after using an embossing folder, but it gave the images some really cool texture so I plan to try doing this again.

Cardstock:   Beckett Moonlight, Marcos Jute
Stamps:        Cross My Heart Feathers, Hero Chalk Background,
                            Stampin’ Up “Birthdays are the best”
Inks:               Hero Black, Versamark, Adirondack Espresso Color Wash,
                            Distress Coal, Vintage Photo, Versamark
Emb Powder:  Ranger Gold
Emb Folder:    Quickutz Linear
Emb Plate:      Cheery Lynn Burble
Dies:                 Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment