Thursday, April 3, 2014

Love

Thanks to some really lovely inspiration from Pam via her Expressions With Heart blog HERE, I tried something a little different today.  My adventure involved embossing with a stencil and using the debossed instead of the embossed side ...

 . . . then I decided to gild the lily (in this case, a fern spray) and I sponged with VersaMark through the stencil and white-embossed.  After that, I spritzed with blue, green and purple sprays.  When dry, I masked the fern and stamped a couple of word backgrounds in Dusty Concord.  The Pewter and Perfect Pearls sprays I used to finish off the card don’t show, of course:  all glimmer gets locked in the bowels of my camera, but trust me, the card gleams and looks lustrous without too much flash.

Thanks to Pam for such beautiful ideas and also for her meticulous tutorial which even includes the sandwich recipe for embossing with your stencils – I hope you give it a try!

Cardstock:   Neenah Solar White, Bazzill Blackberry, Robin’s Egg
                           Blue, Marcos White Linen
Stamps:        Above the Mark Sonnet, Art Impressions Mini Travel
                           Background
Inks:               Stamp Zia sprays:  Magic, Iris, Emerald, Distress
                          Dusty Concord, VersaMark, Memento Grape Jelly,
                          Gelly Roll Clear Star pen
Stencil:          Club Scrap Fern
Emb Powder:  Judikins Opaque White, VIP Transcendence 
Punches:      McGill Heart punch, 1/8” corner rounder punch
Doo Dads:    Perfect Pearls, Pewter sprays        

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Sue! Beautiful work and so glad something I did was inspiring! YAY! You're a lovely card designer, so glad you shared with me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete