Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Your Day


As has happened all too frequently, I wasn’t really sure of where I was going with this card.  Now that I’m there, I’m not convinced that I wound up where I wanted to be . . .
 

 
I loved the colors of the cardstock strips that I rescued from my stash, but perhaps the lattice was not the best way to showcase them.  I did a double layer of the lattice diecut which helped some, but this one really belongs on my less-than-successful pile.  As I think an honest blog is the way to roll, I am showing you my bruises as well as my crowns.  Feedback is always welcome!

 Cardstock:              Generic textured Teal, dull Gold metallic, various scrap
                                      strips
Stamps:                   Too Much Fun “It’s your day”
Inks:                          Vivid Yellow, Purple, Blue, Teal, ColorBox Gold
Emb Powder:          Judikins Detail Gold
Dies:                          Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire Frame
Doo Dads:                Gold glitter

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! The design on this card is great! and fun! I think that the colors and the lattice worked just fine.
    I enjoy your emails and learn along with you. I still think I am a novice and always learning. Thanks for letting me peak into the mind of another card maker!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete