Thursday, March 6, 2014

Butterfly Thank You

My fantastic niece Rebecca always gifts me with stamps I absolutely love, and last year’s Christmas gift was no exception.  In addition to a wonderful floral bird, she gave me this woodgrain border and the lovely butterfly . . .

 

Nothing would do but to put them to work immediately on her Thank You note.  The sketchy style of the butterfly seemed to call for the always interesting Rock and Roll technique:  I inked the stamp first with the Aged Mahogany and then rolled and tapped the Pine Needles pad just around the edges.  No need to try for precise placement:  the charm lies in the artless and casual results.  You never know exactly how it’s going to turn out and this is part of the fun!  It’s also good therapy for anal types like myself . . .

Cardstock:            Generic textured Cream, Marcos Jute
Stamps:                Impress Woodgrain Border, Savvy Butterfly Print,
                                   Love You to Bits Texture Background, Ladder Stitch
                                   from Starving Artistamps Altered Stitches,
                                   Hero “Thank you very much”
Inks:                     Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow, Hero Soft Brown,
                                   Ancient Page Chocolate, Distress Aged
                                  Mahogany, Pine Needles
Emb Powder:         VIP Transcendence
Dies:                      Verve Banner Bundle
Doo Dads:              Burgundy ribbon in 2 widths

1 comment:

  1. Was catching up on my blog reading this evening, and I thought I recognized this doozy of a card!! Absolutely loved it and it's still on display on my coffee table. Always so much fun to see the gifts come to light! xo

    ReplyDelete