Monday, December 2, 2013

Falling Leaves

My outlook on life tends to be a very structured and literal one.  This attitude can be useful for many endeavors . . . however, it is often the kiss of death for one’s growth and development in artistic pursuits.  Letting loose and striving for a more unstructured, random feel to my work has been a real struggle, albeit an extremely rewarding one.  Still, once in awhile, I do like to revert to my structured comfort zone:   this card was published in Paper Creation’s Winter 2013 issue, so I guess they were happy with it too . . .

  

I have fallen in love with label dies and have collected a number of them.  But I’d give anything to find a set of layered labels dies.  Failing that, my current work-around is to take the die I’ve used for the top layer, turn it over, trace around the edges onto the back of contrasting cardstock, and cut it out.  This gives a very slim margin and looks pretty good, I’d say. 

Cardstock:      Bazzill Pomegranate, Cheddar,  Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:           We R Memory Keepers Leaves, The Stamp Pad text
                               “Falling Leaves” set, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks:                VersaFine Onyx Black, Ancient Page Coal, ColorBox Frost White             
Emb Powder: B’Muse Eggshell, Transcendence Clear
Markers:         Marvy Wet Looks #7, #64
Dies/Punches:  Papertrey Ink Angled Labels
Doo Dads:      Colored brads, eyelash fibers, 1/4 “ corner rounder

 

No comments:

Post a Comment