Thursday, April 25, 2013

Journey, Part Two

With increased demands on my time lately, I’ve found myself making several copies of the same card layouts and giving them to widely-scattered friends and family.  This bails me out when numerous card-giving occasions happen at the same time.  Surely I’ve got lots of company out there doing the same thing, right?  Anyway, I’ve accomplished quite a lot this way but have also found myself with a pile of scraps that are too pretty to throw away.  So I’ve been having fun figuring out ways to use these . . .

 
. . . Monday’s card (April 22) showed the original background – today’s card shows a weaving from the leftover trimmings.  It’s a shame to waste all of that time and those beautiful inks, don’t you think?

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, generic Black, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:       Starving Artistamps Lil’ Squares Background, Tin Can Mail
                       Addressed Letter, VAP “Journey”
Inks:             Distress Antique Linen, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy,
                       Fired Brick, VersaFine Vintage Sepia
Emb Powder:  B’Muse Eggshell. Transcendence Clear
Impression Plate:  Cheery Lynn Desert Floor
Dies/Punches:  Spellbinders motif from Lace Doily Set

No comments:

Post a Comment