Monday, January 7, 2013

Thanks

One way to help get my thank you notes done in timely fashion is to make a small stack of card fronts ahead of time.  Then all I need to do is insert the note.  If I get started early enough, I can bypass the pressure and enjoy the job!  This year’s card shows two ideas I enjoyed using . . .



 . . . I love using handmade paper but sometimes it’s too thin to carry off the look I’m after.  So before I cut the oval above, I ran some scrap cardstock through my Xyron, pressed it to the back of my handmade paper, and then ran it through my die cutting machine.  Now there’s some heft to it which works well with the rest of the card design.

The second idea came from Gina K Designs via her post of December 20th HERE.  I had some coarse glitter I wanted to use to add some interesting texture to the flowers.  So after die cutting the Fresh Daisies, I used a VersaMark pen to brush on some clear ink over the flower heads and then embossed them with white embossing powder.  While still hot, I scattered on the glitter and pressed with my finger to seat as many of the crystals as possible.  I then re-heated to soften the powder, and then once again, I quickly added a little more powder.  One final heating and the job was done.  That glitter is there to stay . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Sunshine, Beckett Iceberg, generic handmade
                        paper
Stamps:       Stampin’ Up “Thanks”
Inks:            ColorBox Gold, Distress Old Paper, Gelly Roll Clear
                       Star Pen
Emb Powder:  Ranger Gold
Dies:            Memory Box Fresh Daisies, Wplus9 Banner Trio,
                             Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small, Petite Scalloped
                             Ovals Small


No comments:

Post a Comment