Monday, September 3, 2012

Garden Birds

This one started out with a desire to hop onto the current fabulous trend with hexagon shapes and have me some fun with it.  While I’ve got several hexagon stamps on order (won’t tell you how many), the only one I could lay hands on at the moment was this chicken wire fencing.  Close enough . . .


  . . . and that led to the logical choice of the chickens as my focal point, which ultimately led to the compatible text.  This little journey gives a new and cleaner meaning to the phrase, “leading me down the garden path.”  The Fair judges gave this one a blue ribbon in the Birthday category and I’m happy they did . . . I rather liked this one myself.

Cardstock:         Bazzill Simon, generic watercolor paper
Stamps:              Stampin’ Up Chickenwire Background, 100 Proof Press       
                            Two Chickens, So She Stamps “Garden” text
Inks:                    ColorBox Sunflower, Distress Pine Needles, Broken China,
                            Mustard Seed, Archival Jet Black, Gelly Roll Yellow Glaze
Emb Powder:    B’Muse Brilliant Lemon
Dies/Punches:   Lifestyle Hexagon, Papertrey Ink Angled Labels,
                             Generic Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment