Thursday, July 26, 2012

Love and Lace

While we may have agreed via Monday’s post that black and white are indeed a dramatic combo, when red is added to the mix, all bets are off . . .



Although sexy black lace might add just the touch of naughty that makes things interesting, adhering it posed a problem at first.  I could cheat on the lace’s right side border and sneak the glue under the bows and the stamped heart.  Not so the left border:  the edging is very pretty and I wanted all of it to show.  So instead of running away from the problem, I instead ran right into a solution – it’s called “hiding in plain sight”, a maneuver I’ve happily employed too many times to count.  I put down a ¼“ wide band from my tape runner, and using the side of a toothpick to help avoid touching the glue strip, pressed the lace into place.  I then added lots of Prisma glitter right through the lace and pressed down firmly to seat all the glitter and the lace as well.  The excess glitter dropped off easily and the resulting peek-a-boo sparkle was just what I was after – hope the camera lets me show it to you . . .

Cardstock:         Marco’s White Linen, Wausau Firecracker Red
Stamps:              PSX Love Heart
Inks:                   ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:     B’Muse Detail Black
Emb Folder:       Cuttlebug Swirls
Doo Dads:          Decorative scissors, Red satin bows, Black lace, Prisma glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment