Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kindred Spirit

This was our wedding anniversary card;  we are kindred spirits indeed, and I was happy to be able to make a die cut that would say so this beautifully . . .

Cardstock:     Bazzill Pinecone, generic speckled Beige
Stamps:         Horrors – NONE!  Except for the message on the inside . . .
Inks:              Versamark
Emb Powder: Bear Rubber Melded Metallic*
Dies/Emb Folder: Cuttlebug’s Friends Forever set which includes the embossed flower and the die cut text
Doo Dads:      Distress Brushed Corduroy Stickles to dot the i’s, White-stitched Brown ribbon knot

After using my deckle-edged scissors around the sides, I put my simple UTEE edging technique to work (see my post of 3/27/12 for the easy details).

*  Melded Metallic is a glorious amalgamation of Platinum and Bronze that can work on just about any design.  Sadly, Bear Rubber is no longer with us and I have no idea if their stock was bought by someone else.  However, Stamp ‘n Doodle makes almost exactly the same color in regular embossing powder and I have just added it to my stash.  Oh how I LOVE to be rescued!

No comments:

Post a Comment