Monday, March 12, 2012

Come Play With Me!

The stamping club I belong to is called the “High Noon Club” because that’s exactly when we meet – at noon on Sundays in alternate months.  We take over the corner table in a wonderful  Chinese restaurant and the indulgent owner lets us stay as long as we like.  I think we provide free entertainment for the other patrons.  There are only seven of us and our very informal get-togethers (it’s really a stretch to call them “Meetings”) consist mainly of Show and Tell, great food, and lots of laughter.  All of us have had the fun of finding our work in several magazines, two-and-a-half of us are published writers (my first article comes out this Summer!), two of us have done national ads for stamp companies, three of us have been the cover artists for Rubber Stamp Madness, and lucky for us all, one of our group is actually the owner of a rubber stamping store!  OMG:  talk about enabling.  Surely the multitude of fortune cookies we’ve cracked open over the years has worked in our favor!

The card below was my submission for the “Pets” theme we had one month.  It was one of my first forays into the world of neon color and I spent most of my time squinting while working on it.  I kept trying to find a way to tone it down until I finally threw in the towel, added Black cardstock to the mix, and decided that it was better to emphasize the color instead of backing away from it.  I did the same card in Loud Lime, Yellow Fever, and Shriek Pink – all of which caused my worktable to vibrate.  I’m serious!  But I had fun anyway . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Black, generic Neon Orange, Lustro Dull White
Stamps:       Art Impressions’ “Play”, Stamp Cabana’s Schnauzer, River City’s Paw, Stampin’ Up’s Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks:             ColorBox Frost White, Black
Emb Pwder: Judikins Opaque White, Detail Black                
Doo Dads:      Orange brads       

No comments:

Post a Comment